Guy Gold Coffee Bar is a unique, independent coffee bar on a corner where Camden meets Primrose Hill. We are looking to hire for two new roles:
- An experienced and hardworking part-time Barista to work 20 hours per week from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with the potential to work towards a full time position (of up to 48 hours).
- A self-reliant and reliable Coffee Bar Manager/Head Barista with minimum two years' specialty coffee experience.
Scroll down to read the full descriptions.
We are looking for an experienced and hardworking part-time Barista to work 20 hours per week from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday to Friday, with the potential to work towards a full time position (of up to 48 hours).
Benefits of the job include:
• Paid holidays (28 days pro rota)
• Free drinks and food when on shift
• Salary review after probation period
• Excellent training opportunities and support from Climpson & Sons
As part of our small team you will be the first point of contact for the people that drink and eat with us. You will be confident to work on all sections behind the bar and maintain the highest level of customer service, product knowledge, coffee and food service and preparation. You must have excellent experience in speciality coffee as a Barista.
You will be working independently at some times and under the guidance of our very experienced Head Barista at others. Shifts will be shared and split equally between the Manager and other baristas and will include opening/closing the shop. Additional responsibilities will include making and receiving orders, stocktaking, refining the ambience, and food preparation.
• Barista Skills and Experience - at least two years in specialty cafe environment as senior barista, confident in latte art, knowledge about coffee.
• Customer Service - warm and professional customer service skills with a good level of spoken English.
• Show Initiative - help without being asked, contributing ideas to the development of the business and being willing to keep learning.
• Team Player - Contribute to creating a positive, welcoming and open work environment, with good time keeping skills, open and honest communication and taking responsibility for decisions, actions and results.
• Take pride in getting the job done well
We are looking for someone who is personable, loves working with others and enjoys conversation and interacting with coffee drinking customers. Our baristas need to be hardworking, reliable, genuinely enthusiastic about coffee and take pride in their work. For the right applicant we hope this will develop into a long-term position, with the potential to grow and develop within the business.
For our part, we strive to make sure our team are happy, well supported and feel respected and valued at work. We regularly check in with staff to make any improvements or refinements to help them in their roles.
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please send a CV, references and a few paragraphs about yourself to David by email to [email protected].
Coffee Bar Manager/Head Barista
Guy Gold’s is an award-winning, neighbourhood specialty coffee bar, with complementary health treatment rooms at the rear of the premises. We are situated on a beautiful corner in Camden, where we pride ourselves on providing high quality produce and impeccable service to our very varied and really wonderful customers. We would be delighted to appoint a new individual to be our manager/head barista, leading our small and friendly team. We are looking for someone who can ensure our service is successful, smooth and organised; our customers feel welcomed and satisfied; and any issues that arise are managed professionally, calmly and in a way that helps us to get better and better. The successful applicant really will be the face of the business and so we need someone who embodies what we stand for: making great coffee and making people very happy.
Experience and skills required:
· Two years minimum speciality coffee experience including one year of bar management experience.
· Experience of working with a variety of brewing methods.
· Leadership qualities, including being self-reliant, reliable, motivated and solution-focused.
· Capable of working under pressure and multi-tasking in a busy working environment.
· Passion for coffee, food and hospitality.
· Confidence in engaging with customers and providing leadership to our small team.
· Leading the coffee service and ensuring our excellent coffee standards are maintained at all times.
· Maintaining high levels of hospitality and customer satisfaction, including resolving any customer complaints to a positive outcome.
· Leading, managing and supporting the ongoing development of the team of baristas.
· Contributing ideas for the ongoing development and improvement of the business.
· Staff rota management.
· Stock control and equipment management.
· Invoice management, managing suppliers and developing new supplier relationships.
· Health and safety compliance.
We want everyone in the team to enjoy their work and feel respected and valued. We offer regular training and interaction with our award winning roastery, and the opportunity to grow and develop this role within an expanding company in a lovely location. We offer a competitive salary, with statutory holiday and pension plan. Tips are shared, and staff have access to complementary healthcare discounts. Working hours are daytime only.
All applications to be sent for the attention of GUY GOLD at [email protected].